A Solar Cover is a quick easy and cheap solution that will save you a lot especially in Cyprus with its really hot summers and mild winters. Solar covers inflate above water surface without the need to anchor it anywhere. Due to its special design it actually becomes one with your pool water. Solar cover is a perfect solution for all year round use.
Solar Covers can be used:
- During winter season to help you winterise (put to sleep) your swimming pool,
- During Summer for reducing water and chemicals evaporation while keeping a stable water temperature
- During Mid- Seasons (Autumn and Spring) for extending the swimming season
Increase Water Temperature
With its unique synthesis, Solar cover absorbs and transmit sun energy increasing the water temperature for up to 8’ªC. Your swimming pool is ready for the first Spring splashes earlier while the water temperature is maintained long enough to extend your swimming period during Autumn. If you have a heated pool, no need to use your heat pump for long hours.
Reduces Debris and Algea growth
Having your pool covered keeps away unwanted dust leafs and other debris, thus saving you from cleaning, vacuuming and pH adjustment of your pool. Additionally backwashing your filter reduces significantly.
Algae need light and with the absence of chemicals it grows fast. A solar cover reduces chemicals evaporation and blocks excessive sunlight, therefore algae growth is prevented.
What makes GeoBubble™ materials unique?
- Unique patented design of two bubbles joined together by a structural waistline centre section
- No sharp corners that could result in thin or weak points in the design
- No stress points due to the bubble’s smooth interconnected curves
- 50% thicker than a traditional swimming pool bubble cover material at its thinnest point
- Increased resilience against UV rays and chemical attack
Protecting your Liner
Swimming pool Liner is a very expensive feature of your pool. Using a solar cover it helps you extend the lifespan of your liner since direct excessive sunlight is blocked.
Save Money & Time!!
At a time when energy prices are continually increasing, simply covering your pool will save energy, time and money. By covering your pool, you will prevent 98% of evaporation, saving approximately 21,780 litres* of water – equivalent to 270 baths, or over 87 thousand cups of tea.
Studies from the US Department of Energy have shown evaporation is responsible for 70% of the heat loss from an outdoor pool. By covering your pool whenever it’s not in use, you can save enough energy to power your TV for 5 hours a day for 95 days, or 112 15-watt light bulbs for a year 24 hours a day*.
*Based on an 8x4m pool (41,600 litres) in the pool season (182 days a year) in the UK.
Use it as a Winter Cover
With the use of specialised winterizing agent you can use a solar cover to winterise your swimming pool during the winter period. Your swimming pool can remain switched off. No money for electricity, chemicals and maintenance.